Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 22, 2013

THIRD STREET BEERHOUSE - THREE WAY PALE ALE  The label states "this sessionable pale is unlike many others not only because of its 3 distinct hops and 3 distinct malts but this brew is a conversation starter, a proposition and punch line rolled into one. And hey if it works, your welcome".  My first thoughts are they should have worked on the beer before the punch line. Smells medicinal, kind of blah. I get some piney hops with some faint hints of citrus, but not much else, very light as a whole. Taste is a little thin, but it is drinkable, just dont expect anything spectacular. Just seems a little off to me, i cant really put my finger on it.  Maybe worth trying a different batch, maybe not....

DEF LEPPARD - PYROMANIA  This is the 3rd album from these guys, and probably my favorite (High And Dry is a close 2nd).  Still hard rocking on his one before they turned more to the pop/glam side, in my opinion. Great guitar based hooks and power rock on this one still with some great catchy lyrics. This album was a break out for them here in America, thanks to heavy MTV airplay. I much prefer this to the pop rock that came after. This album is another 80s rock must have. While it had its share of big hits, some of the better songs might be considered filler by some. I can listen to this all the way through and enjoy each track every time. Favorites: Rock Rock (Till You Drop), Photograph, Too Late For Love, Die Hard The Hunter, Foolin', Rock Of Ages, and Billys Got A Gun.

1 mile on treadmill

No comments:

Post a Comment