Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August 6, 2013

ALASKAN BREWING CO. - SUMMER ALE This is an ok summer beer, nothing extraordinary though. Malty aroma with some fruity notes, mostly apple to me. Flavor has sweet malts and slight citrus flavor with a little hop bitterness, but nothing really distinguishes itself. Nice beer, but not overwhelming. Its real easy to drink, but just not real memorable.

THE BLACK MOODS - THE BLACK MOODS  This is the debut release from the trio from Tempe, AZ. I saw their lead singer do a few songs down in Mexico in June and really liked his voice, so i picked up their album upon my return. Sure glad i did. Nice new rock group that kind of reminds me of the Foo Fighters. Nice guitar driven sound. They have some real good songs with some lyrics just begging you to sing along. Decent debut, has a few quality issues, but its sure fun to listen to. Its been in my rotation in the car since i bought it. My favorites: Cant Sleep At Night, Give It To Me, Hey You, Dont Let Them Get You Down, The Only One, and Torn Up Dress.

3 miles on treadmill

No comments:

Post a Comment