Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 23, 2013

NEW BELGIUM BREWING - LIPS OF FAITH-CASCARA QUAD  Came in a 22oz bottle, and has a 10% ABV.  Not much in the aroma for me, a little bit of cherry and coffee with a little alcohol, but just not much there; not real interesting to me. The cherry is there in the taste, but muted with a coffee overtone and a decent amount of alcohol. I think there is a lot more hidden in the taste, but i just cant define it, the alcohol is all that sticks with me. Kind of all over the board for me, could have been a little better balanced. Not my favorite from New Belgium, but worth a try.

WAR - THE BEST OF WAR & MORE  Fun listen, but it could have been better. Not sure how a greatest hits compilation managed to miss 2 of their biggest hits, but oh well (The World Is A Ghetto and Gypsy Man). This was released in 1991 and there has probably been a dozen more versions of greatest hits CDs released since then. Some great 70s funk rock classic music. I think they were very innovative for the time.  My favorites: Low Rider, The Cisco Kid, Me And Baby Brother, Spill The Wine, Why Cant We Be Friends, and Whose Cadillac Is That?

2 miles on treadmill, 14 mile bike ride

No comments:

Post a Comment